Virtual Brown Bag Evangelization Chat - CATHOLIC SOCIAL TEACHING
Starting Wednesday January 17, 2024, the Office of Evangelization will start a new Brownbag series on the topic of Catholic Social Teaching. We will meet via a link each Wednesday starting January 17 from noon-1pm.
Each session will include a short video and discussion. For background information we will read the Statement from the USCCB Communities of Salt and Light: Reflections on the Social Mission of the Parish
This is an adult online event only. Link details and course material will be sent to the email you provide below. Please log in 10 minutes before the scheduled start time.
Audio/Video Recording of a Diocesan Virtual Meeting/Event
The audio/video recording of the "Brown Bag” event is strictly prohibited.
- The host reserves the right to excuse a participant that is disruptive or detrimental to the event. Please take note of our digital gathering best practices. -
Digital Gathering Best Practices
- Dress as you would for an in-person event.
- Take note your background and ensure it is appropriate for the event. Most digital platforms offer the ability to replace your background if needed.
- Try to position light sources in front of you. Back lighting creates a silhouette effect and make it difficult to see you. Overhead lighting can create shadows.
- Limit movement and distractions while your camera/microphone are turned on.
- Look at the camera and speak clearly.
- Mute your microphone when you are not talking.
- Use respectful language and demeanor.
- Turn off your camera if you need to perform a task that others may find distracting (changing rooms, standing up, talking to someone else in the room, etc.).