Bishop LaValley Proclaims Diocesan Vision, Priorities and Goals
Mutually Shared Vision
Our Sacred Purpose:
Christ-led, Christ-fed, and hope-filled,
the Diocese of Ogdensburg joyfully invites the people of the North Country
to the journey of faith through the proclamation of the Gospel,
the celebration of the Eucharist and the Sacraments, and the loving service of neighbor.
Our Core Values:
Encouragement: The invitation to take heart in Christ our hope.
- Programs and services addressing people's needs
- Recognition of the giftedness of the individual and the community
Faithfulness: The vocation to live lives completely Christ-centered.
Respect: The recognition and promotion of the unique dignity of all as brothers and sisters created in God's image.
- Welcoming the disaffected
- Advocacy for the marginalized
- Recognition of the good in all
Our 5 Year Vision:
Find your home in Christ: Renew Faith, Nurture Hope, Discover Love
Our 3 Priorities:
1.) Creating a Culture of Vocations Father J. Roger McGuinness, Point Person
1. Establish the We Are Called Vocational Awareness plan for parishes by November 1, 2015. Sr. M. Gregory Munger, SSJ, Point Person
2. Convene Follow Me Summit by September 24, 2016. Father Garry Giroux, Point Person
2.) Strengthening Faith Formation in Family Life Sr. Ellen Rose Coughlin, Point Person
1. Establish Youth Ministry, in accordance with diocesan standards, in 25-30 parishes with competent, qualified leaders (adults and youth) by June 30,Father Christopher Carrara, Point Person
2. Provide Family catechesis for the Seven Sacraments for every parish by Feb 1, 2016. Mrs. Pam Ballantine, Point Person
3.) Building Parishes with Living Stones Father Jay Seymour, Point Person
Article in the North Country Catholic
1. Charter a diocesan Living Stones Planning Committee with a clear mission and broad representation by September 1, 2014. Dr. William Amoriell, Point Person
2. Complete diocesan-wide Find Your Home in Christ Census of all households between October 1, 2014 and August 1, 2015. Sr. Shirley Anne Brown, SSJ, Point Person
Four Vision Statements