Among those leading youth
ministry on the parish level, it is essential they possess a certain level of
knowledge of the Faith and understanding of and working with youth. To assist
youth ministers in gaining that knowledge and experience, the Diocese has
established the Youth Minister Certification Program.
Requirements to become a Youth Minister:
1. Be at least eighteen years of age.
2. Completion of Diocesan Foundational Track training offered by the Catechetical Institute.
3. Completion of Diocesan Virtus program and background check.
Certificate of Recognition: Those completing the required courses for the Youth Ministry Foundational track will receive a “Youth Ministry Certificate of Recognition.”
Requirements to become a Certified Youth Minister:
1. Completion of the Youth Minister Recognition requirements above.
2. Completion of the Advanced Youth Ministry track offered by the Catechetical Institute.
Certified Youth Minister: Those completing the required courses for the Youth Ministry Foundational track and Advanced track will be considered fully certified to minister to young people in the Diocese of Ogdensburg.
Continuing formation is required to maintain certification. The Youth Office will conduct continuing formation through the Catechetical Institute, and regular gatherings or meetings.