The Teen Vision (TV) Program at Camp Guggenheim is a two-week
program designed to provide enthusiastic teens with an opportunity to put their
Faith into action while developing leadership and career skills in an outdoor
ministry setting. The Teen Vision Program
is an asset to any young person looking to advance their leadership, communication,
and mentorship skills. The Teen Vision Program is an excellent launching block to a career in camp ministry, youth
ministry, childhood education, leadership roles and more! Being a Teen Visioner also looks great on
your college applications and job resumes.
To participate in the Teen Vision Program, a candidate must apply for a spot on the Teen Vision team.
Teen Vision Training: Session 3: July 16th-21st
Teen Vision Leadership: Session 4: July 23rd-28th
How Does It Work:
Teen Visioners must be at least 16 years of age by camp attendance.
Teen Visioners should be a practicing Catholic Christian.
All Teen Visioners will attend a training session at camp. During this time, senior staff members will introduce Teen Visioner’s to the current camp program, operations, and required emergency procedures. (See below for more information)
Once training is completed, Teen Visioners will return the following session to work within the camp community.
The fee for the Teen Vision (TV) Program is: $425.00
Daily assignments are designed for TVs to set up and break down equipment for daily camp activities in a collaborative team environment before and after activities take place. In addition, during most of the camp day, TVs are assigned to Camper groups (under Senior Staff supervision) or Activity areas and are focused primarily on interacting with Campers while developing positive relationships and accepting mentorship from older, more experienced Staff.
Ten Vision Training Areas - Roles and Responsibilities
● Prepare and set up various activities, games, and equipment
● Be a positive role model; earn respect through action from Campers and Staff
● Motivate campers to enthusiastically participate in all camp activities and events
● Adapt to evolving responsibilities, as directed by camp leadership
● Physical strength and endurance to carry out assignments and tasks
● Active listening, following instructions, and pitching in whenever possible
● Assist with facility maintenance and cleanliness
● Assist with the preparation and implementation of activities and projects at the assigned program area.
Teen Vision participants are also encouraged but not required to attend Session 6 designed for 16-18 year old campers. The additional cost for the Senior Teen Session is $425.00. If you are interested in doing so, please have a parent or legal guardian register you for Session 6 (August 6 to August 11) using the traditional Guggenheim registration form.