The Diocese of Ogdensburg, covering an area of 12,036 square miles, was established by Pope Pius IX on February 16, 1872.
The diocese is comprised of 84 parishes and 3 mission parishes made up of 102 worship sites, 20 parochial oratories, 2 high schools, 9 elementary schools and 1 nursing home. Catholics are served by 49 active diocesan priests, 8 priests belonging to religious institutions, 7 priests belonging to other dioceses. We have 36 retired and disabled diocesan priests serving in various capacities including as far as Bolivia. The Archdiocese for Military Services provides 3 priests to serve Fort Drum. We are blessed with 85 permanent deacons, 2 religious brothers, 75 religious sisters and 818 commissioned lay ministers.
The Catholic population in the Diocese is 87,862, nearly 21% of the total population within the Diocese.
For more information on our parishes, please check out online Diocesan Directory.