The Diocesan Catholic Men’s Retreat will be held on Friday, June 14
(arrival as early at 4pm) until Sunday, June 16
(departure at 1pm) at Guggenheim Lodge, Saranac Lake. This year’s theme is “The Practice of the Presence of God”. The retreat is open to anyone 18 years of age or older. Outdoor activities will include canoeing and hiking. The non-refundable registration fee is $100.00, which includes meals and lodging. Please bring bedding, towels and toiletries. For more information, contact Stephen Tartaglia at firstname.lastname@example.org or (315) 393-2920 ext. 1420 or John Miner at email@example.com or (518) 354-0727.
Upon submission of the form, you will be forwarded to PayPal. If you would like to pay be check, please mail to: Family Life, PO Box 106, Canajoharie, NY 13317.
In exchange for my participation in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Ogdensburg’s Catholic Men’s Retreat, I agree as follows:
1. Acknowledgement of Risk. The Retreatant acknowledges and fully understands that there are inherent risks of serous injury or death associated with hiking, backpacking, canoeing, swimming and other activities associated with the Retreat. These inherent risks include but are not limited to: encountering natural dangers such as falling rocks or objects, irregular or uneven ground, unseen or unmarked objects, drowning or serious injury in and around water could occur due to water movement, subsurface conditions, cold water temperature, water impurities and the like. Inherent risks also include acts or omissions of other Retreatants, the condition of equipment or property, even if properly maintained; weather conditions (such as lightening strikes, sunburn, rain or hail storms, tornadoes and the like), contact with plants, animals or insects, the risk of Retreatant engaging in unauthorized activities, Retreatant’s physical condition(s) or Retreatants own acts and omissions, conditions or roads, trails, waterways or terrain, the administration and availability of first aid and emergency treatment and consumption of food or drink by Retreatant. Retreatant further acknowledges that the inherent risks associated with activities at the Catholic Men’s Retreat, including hiking, backpacking, swimming and canoeing cannot be comprehensively described as part of this document.
2. Assumption of Risks. Retreatant hereby releases, waives and discharges the Roman Catholic Diocese of Ogdensburg’s Catholic Men’s Retreat, its employees and agents from liability claims and demands of negligence on the part of the Catholic Men’s Retreat, its employees and agents arising in connection with the participation in the Catholic Men’s Retreat and use of the Camp Guggenheim facilities and equipment, including, but not limited to, those risks described in paragraph one (1) above; providing, however, that this waiver and release does not include injury, damage, or loss as a result of the gross negligence of the Catholic Men’s Retreat, its employees and agents.
3. Indemnification and hold harmless. The Retreatant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Catholic Men’s Retreat, its employees and agents, against all losses, damages, monetary awards and expenses, including all costs and attorney fees incurred in connection with any and all claims of negligence on the part of the Catholic Men’s Retreat, its employees and agents, brought by the Retreatant, his heirs, successors, assigned and legal representatives for any injury, death, illness, disease or damage to property, arising from or connected with participation in any activity of the Catholic Men’s Retreat. The indemnification and hold harmless agreement does not include losses, damages, monetary awards and expenses as a result of the intentional or reckless acts of the Catholic Men’s Retreat, its employees and agents.
4. Miscellaneous. The parties agree that the provisions of this “Waiver and Release of Liability; Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement” (“Agreement”) shall be deemed severable and that the invalidity or unenforceability of any one or more of the provisions or clauses hereof shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions or clauses hereof except as specifically set forth herein. The terms of this Agreement constitute the entire agreement and understanding between the parties. This Agreement is made pursuant to and shall be construed under the laws of the State of New York.
5. Opportunity to Negotiate. You are encouraged to carefully review the contents of this Agreement and take the necessary time to review it. DO NOT SIGN THIS AGREEMENT UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. You may wish to consult an attorney. If you wish to negotiate any of the terms of this Agreement for modifications, deletions or additions, please contact the Roman Catholic Diocese of Ogdensburg Family Life Director (“Director”) at (315) 393-2920 ext. 1420 prior to signing and executing this Agreement. If you do not contact the Director prior to signing and executing this Agreement, the Catholic Men’s Retreat understands that you are accepting the terms and conditions as set forth above, and that you do not wish to pursue any further negotiations regarding the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
By eSigning my name above, I certify that I have read this agreement and that I understand that I am giving up substantial rights and assuming substantial responsibilities, and that I sign it voluntarily.