Family Guggenheim prefers that all child(ren) (17 and under) be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. We understand that in some circumstances your child(ren) could attend Family Guggenheim with a direct family member.
If your child(ren) are attending with a nondirect family member, please do not continue this form and contact the Family Life Director for more information at 315-605-1027.
Your registration is not complete until your deposit or the full family camp fee is received at the Family Life Office.
If paying by check please mail to: Family Guggenheim, PO Box 106, Canajoharie, NY 13317.
In order for my family to participate in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Ogdensburg’s Family Guggenheim, I agree as follows:
1. Acknowledgement of Risk. My family acknowledges and fully understands that there are inherent risks of serious injury or death associated with hiking, backpacking, canoeing, swimming and other activities associated with Family Guggenheim. These inherent risks include but are not limited to: encountering natural dangers such as falling rocks or objects, irregular or uneven ground, unseen or unmarked objects, drowning or serious injury in and around water could occur due to water movement, subsurface conditions, cold water temperature, water impurities and the like. Inherent risks also include acts or omissions of other Families or participants, the condition of equipment or property, even if properly maintained; weather conditions (such as lightning strikes, sunburn, rain or hail storms, tornadoes and the like), contact with plants, animals or insects, the risk of My Family or other participants engaging in unauthorized activities, My Family’s physical condition(s) or My Family’s own acts and omissions, conditions or roads, trails, waterways or terrain, the administration and availability of first aid and emergency treatment and consumption of food or drink by My Family. My Family further acknowledges that the inherent risks associated with activities at Family Guggenheim, including hiking, backpacking, swimming and canoeing cannot be comprehensively described as part of this document.
2. Assumption of Risks. My Family hereby releases, waives and discharges the Roman Catholic Diocese of Ogdensburg’s Family Guggenheim, its employees and agents from liability claims and demands of negligence on the part of Family Guggenheim, its employees and agents arising in connection with the participation in Family Guggenheim and use of the Camp Guggenheim facilities and equipment, including, but not limited to, those risks described in paragraph one (1) above; providing, however, that this waiver and release does not include injury, damage, or loss as a result of the gross negligence of Family Guggenheim, its employees and agents.
3. Indemnification and hold harmless. My Family further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Family Guggenheim, its employees and agents, against all losses, damages, monetary awards and expenses, including all costs and attorney fees incurred in connection with any and all claims of negligence on the part of Family Guggenheim, its employees and agents, brought by My Family, their heirs, successors, assigned and legal representatives for any injury, death, illness, disease or damage to property, arising from or connected with participation in any activity of Family Guggenheim. The indemnification and hold harmless agreement does not include losses, damages, monetary awards and expenses as a result of the intentional or reckless acts of Family Guggenheim, its employees and agents.
4. Miscellaneous. The parties agree that the provisions of this “Waiver and Release of Liability; Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement” (“Agreement”) shall be deemed severable and that the invalidity or unenforceability of any one or more of the provisions or clauses hereof shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions or clauses hereof except as specifically set forth herein. The terms of this Agreement constitute the entire agreement and understanding between the parties. This Agreement is made pursuant to and shall be construed under the laws of the State of New York.
5. Opportunity to Negotiate. You are encouraged to carefully review the contents of this Agreement and take the necessary time to review it. DO NOT SIGN THIS AGREEMENT UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. You may wish to consult an attorney. If you wish to negotiate any of the terms of this Agreement for modifications, deletions or additions, please contact the Roman Catholic Diocese of Ogdensburg Family Life Director (“Director”) at (315) 393-2920 ext. 1420 prior to signing and executing this Agreement. If you do not contact the Director prior to signing and executing this Agreement, Family Guggenheim understands that you are accepting the terms and conditions as set forth above, and that you do not wish to pursue any further negotiations regarding the terms and conditions of this Agreement.