About the Diocese
The Diocese of Ogdensburg, covering an area of 12,036 square miles, was established by Pope Pius IX on February 16, 1872.
The diocese is comprised of 78 parishes and 3 mission parishes made up of 101 worship sites, 16 parochial oratories, 2 high schools, 8 elementary schools and 1 nursing home. Catholics are served by 49 active diocesan priests, 9 priests belonging to religious institutions, and 5 priests belonging to other dioceses. At Fort Drum, 2 priests of the Archdiocese for Military Services serve as chaplains. We have 37 retired and disabled diocesan priests, many continue to minister in various roles. We are blessed with 1 transitional deacon, 96 permanent deacons, 66 religious sisters and 753 commissioned lay ministers.
The Catholic population in the Diocese is 71,905, 18.2% of the total population within the Diocese.
For more information on our parishes, please click here