Diocese of Ogdensburg

The Roman Catholic Church in Northern New York

main

Save

The Diocese of Ogdensburg, which covers 12,036 square miles, was established by Pope Pius IX on February 16, 1872. It currently has 55 active Diocesan Priests, 38 Retired and Disabled Priests, 7 priests belonging to Religious Institutes, 0 Priests working or studying outside the Diocese, 76 Permanent Deacons, 4 Brothers, 85 Sisters and 812 Lay Ministers.

The Diocese has 93 Parishes and 7 Missions. They are comprised of 111 Worship Sites, 22 Parochial Oratories, 10 Elementary Schools, 2 High Schools, and 1 Nursing Home.

The Catholic population is 90,470 out of a total of 493,800.